Our long term vision is to see every young person in Kenilworth and the surrounding villages impacted and changed by the Christian message of hope, freedom, dignity, empowerment and restoration through the love that God shows.
The long standing mission of Youth for Christ is to take good news relevantly to every young person in Britain. As Kenilworth Youth for Christ (KYFC) is a local branch of the national organisation we have a mission to do the same in Kenilworth.
What is “good news”?
KYFC interprets good news in two different ways:
- As a charity with Christian values we believe that the ultimate “Good News” is the message of the love that God showed us by sending His Son, Jesus Christ, to rescue us.
- Good news is also interpreted as a message that is positive, encouraging and uplifting
Why are we sharing it?
KYFC is joining in with many other youth organisations to bring hope and encouragement to young people. With a deep conviction to act on and share the message of Christianity we believe our starting point for finding this is Jesus.
How are we going to share it?
In order to share the good news, fulfil the vision and achieve our aims we will work in the Local schools, Local churches and the Local community using four methods:
- Demonstrate – Demonstrate God’s Love and our passion to serve others in everything that we do
- Declare – Communicate the Gospel message of Christianity to young people
- Decision – Give every young person the opportunity to make an informed decision in response to the Gospel message
- Disciple – Serve and support young people in their Christian faith
Our aims are in the form of pioneering, facilitating and growing groups and activities over the next few years. Through these activities we will implement the methods above.
We are a Christian charity operating out of our values of hope, freedom, dignity, empowerment and restoration through the love that God shows. However, young people can engage in our activities no matter their faith, gender, sexuality or family background. Their attendance at our provision is not dependant on them becoming Christians. Although we seek to share the Christian faith with the young people, not every activity or group will use all the methods oulined above. We believe that demonstrating the gospel and declaring it are just as important:
In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead…Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. James 2:17-18
If you would like a full copy of our ‘Vision and Aims’ document, including a breakdown of our aims then please contact us.